The church of Madonna of the RosaryThe church of Madonna of the Rosary, called "dell'agnuni" ("of the angle"), is located next to the the village of the castle and seems to have been erected in the Norman period, around 1100. The building, of modest size, is characterized especially by the sixteenth-century bas-relief stands on the entrance portal. The marble bas-relief, attributed to Gagini, depicting the Madonna and Child flanked by St. Nicholas on the right and a hermit in worship before the crucifix on the left. The interior is very simple and has a single nave with a only one altar. It seems that this simplicity was intended to preserve the sacred building from the raids of pirates. Inside the church is a statue representing a black Madonna and Child, placed in a corner.
Back to monuments →