The church of Madonna of GracesThe church of Madonna of the Graces is located just a few steps from the municipal villa of Castellammare del Golfo, in the small square that by the church takes its name. Its construction dates back to the first quarter of the seventeenth century (1614-1624) and in the early years of the next century is dated the construction of the three altars that adorned the sacred building: the first one which is dedicated to Madonna of Graces, the second to Santa Rosalia, the last one to Saint Anthony. Over the years, the interior underwent some changes which, in 1711, led to the replacement of the altar of Santa Rosalia with that of St Eligius; thereafter, the altar of St. Anthony changed owner, and inside it was placed the statue of Madonna of Sorrows, which is still there. The church still has a valuable painting of the eighteenth century, depicting the Madonna and Child.
Back to monuments →