The church of St. Anthony of PaduaThe church of St. Anthony of Padua was founded as a small church outside the walls, until, after the spread of the cult of Blessed Mary the. Immaculate, the holy building begins to develop. In 1774 could be admired inside three altars: the more precisely dedicated to Our Lady Immaculate, and the other entitled to the holder of the church and to St. Francis of Paola. During the nineteenth century, at the behest of the priest Don Antonio Romano, the church was enlarged. This expansion will suddenly interested in the Via Sant'Antonio which, by Via Alonzo, led to Corso Garibaldi. A result of this work, it was possible to create the three-nave church still exists. The three inner aisles correspond to as many openings to the outside. The church now has, inside, eight altars, the largest of these, built at the end of last century, is located in the center of the Choir and is dedicated to Blessed Mary the Immaculate. In the right aisle, proceeding from the entrance to the back of the church are: the font; the altar of St. Francis of Assisi, which houses a large painting of the Saint; the altar of Holy Heart of Jesus, which is also decorated with a painted canvas; the altar of St. Anthony of Padua. In the left aisle, in the same order, are: the altar dedicated to St. Peter; the altar of good death; the one dedicated to the Addolorata; the altar of Blessed Sacramento.
Back to monuments →